Dental Implants – Affordable and Long Lasting Solution for Tooth Replacement
Dental implants are considered to be the most comfortable and functional type of dental restoration to replace the root of the missing tooth and give you the same function and aesthetic as your natural teeth. So, many Australians are choosing dental implants as the permanent and very successful solution to tooth replacement. People getting dental implants wonder whether it will last and if they are worth the cost. Here we can go over these issues to make a more informed decision on dental care and restorations.
How Long Can You Expect Dental Implants to Last?
Unlike bridges, dental implants last longer than any other form of tooth replacement. The durability and long lasting capability of implants depend on the patient’s lifestyle and overall dental hygiene. Following are the different causes of implant failures,
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Diseases and
- Implant misuse
With proper dental care and regular visit to your dentist, the implant itself can last a lifetime. The crown attached to the top of the implant acts as natural teeth and lasts about 10 to 15 years before normal wear will require replacement.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Cost?
A common question asked by people about the cost of dental implants in Sydney is, “Why do they cost more than bridges?”
The initial cost of bridges is lesser than dental implants, but dental bridges are not as permanent or effective solution as implants. They don’t last for a long time and require frequent replacing.
But, when it comes to dental implants, from preparation to final placement they may seem more expensive. At the same time, they can be more cost-effective. They come with less risk of damage to surrounding teeth and look more natural.
Moreover, in case of a bonded bridge, the gum used to fill the gap between the healthy teeth could damage the surrounding teeth and tissue in the long run.
Dental Implant Cost Considerations
As you all know, not all dental implant procedure costs the same. The dental implants cost in Sydney may vary depending on a variety of factors, causes, and reasons. Some of them are listed below,
- The number of dental implants to be placed
- The complexity of the procedure (This involves the work that needs to be done before implant procedure, such as tooth extraction or bone graft)
- The material used to manufacture dental implants
- Complex and simple bone grafting procedures
- X-rays and CT Scans which are required for thorough treatment planning
- Laboratory costs for the crown/bridge that will fit into the implant
Can the Extra Cost Worth It?
Yes, absolutely! Here are a few points that make you realise that the extra cost of dental implants is worth paying.
- The dental implant procedure is considered to be the gold standard and has a very high rate of success.
- Getting implants give back your confidence and you don’t have to worry about your teeth slipping or falling out or possibly affecting your speech.
- They look and feel more like your natural teeth, and maintain your jaw density.