How to Pass a Drug Test For THC
If you have a drug test which is coming up and you have to find a way to cleanse your body from THC, you should stay with us to learn how to get weed out of your system as soon as possible.
The main problem happens after consuming weed because passing a drug test for marijuana can be tedious and problematic. However, the good news is that it is not impossible as you would see on various websites.
If you want to see which natural remedies and drugs are best for your specific requirements, you should check reviews like Drug Testing Reviews. This particular article will teach you the basics of drug testing as well as how to detox THC through chemical and natural methods.
What Is THC?
Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is one of the many compounds that we can find in the weed. It is the main reason for its effect (high), and that is why people are consuming cannabis in the first place. Apart from that, it is fat soluble, which means that it will stay in the fat cells of your body.
It can be traced using your urine samples, blood, fingernails, hair, saliva and many more. THC is the main reason for weed’s euphoric and psychoactive effects. It binds cannabinoid receptors that you feature in your brain, and that could induce enhanced sensations, munchies, paranoia, and giddiness.
THC is getting absorbed in your body through smoking, but you can also use other ways of consuming cannabis. As soon as you smoke, it will reach the peak levels in ten minutes after consumption.
Another way of consuming it is through oral ingestion such as infusion or edibles, but it is not as popular as smoking. Click here to learn more on THC.
How Long Will THC Stay In The Body?
We cannot answer you this particular question with a simple answer because it depends on various factors such as:
- THC half-life – It is essential to understand that half-life of THC tends to be a week, which means seven days. After this particular period, the metabolites breakdown process starts, and it will reduce its amount by 50%. Metabolites will enter the urine, and it will stay inside for three to four weeks depending on the frequency of usage.
- The Frequency Of Consumption – It is logical to say that frequent and regular smokers will need more time to cleanse themselves from THC especially when compared with first-time users or occasional users.
- The Amount You Smoke – Frequency can be linked with heavy consumption, which means that you will take more THC, and you will need more time to cleanse yourself afterward.
- Potency Of Weed – Since there are numerous types of cannabis with various THC percentage, it also depends on the kind of weed you consumed as well.
- Lifestyle – Your physical activity, diet, and metabolism are also factors that you have to consider when it comes to cleansing yourself out of THC.
- Detoxification – The easiest way to reduce the amount of THC and completely erase it is by entering some detoxification that will help you along the way. Have in mind that there are numerous products available on the market that will help you do it as soon as possible.
Drug Testing Methods
It is vital to memorize that several drug test methods will help your employee or law enforcement to detect the recent and chronic weed use:
- Urine Drug Test
The most common drug test method is a urine drug test because it is the most affordable and most accessible to collect. At the same time, THC will remain in urine more than anywhere else, which is another reason for its popularity.
Have in mind that more than 80% of drug tests are urinalysis, and it won’t check the amount of THC but its metabolites such as THC-COOH and its amount inside your urine. If you are a one time user, the metabolites will remain in your organism between five and eight days after consumption.
On the other hand, for occasional users, you will need two to three weeks to cleanse yourself, and if you are a regular user, you may need a maximum of two months to wash. The worst case scenario is daily consumption which means that THC metabolites will stay in your urine for three months.
Check this link: https://www.wikihow.com/Pass-a-Urine-Drug-Test to see a guideline that will help you understand how to pass urinalysis.
- Hair Follicle Test
Even though it is the most expensive solution when it comes to drug testings, it is an efficient and great way to check whether someone is a regular consumer of cannabis. It requires an inch of hair from the person’s scalp, legs, or arms, or pubic area.
It can detect weed consumption up to three months before the test. However, according to studies, traces of THC can provide false positives even if you were exposed to marijuana smoke.
Since it is expensive and requires specific ways to make it, most employers neglect and avoid it altogether.
- Blood Test
The most popular test after urinalysis is a blood test, but the main problem with it is due to its invasive procedure. It is common among law enforcement for intoxicated driving and after some accident that involved you as a driver or sideman.
When it comes to detection time, it is efficient for checking whether you consumed weed in the last 24 hours. On the other hand, if you are a frequent user, you will need up to seven days to cleanse yourself thoroughly.
It is not a common choice among pre-employment screenings due to low timeframe, but it is a common choice for law enforcement, similarly as we’ve mentioned above.
- Saliva Test
Since it is the least invasive method and requires a second for taking a sample, it is another common choice for pre-employment drug tests. It requires swabbing inside the mouth, which makes it inexpensive and convenient to administer.
However, it will remain in your system the shortest time, and it can detect only 24 hours after weed consumption.