How to deal with chronic fatigue?
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, which is also known as chronic fatigue syndrome, is a situation where an individual suffers from fatigue, pain, memory loss, etc. These problems affect the day-to-day activities of the person, his mental well-being, and his overall lifestyle too. It is not an easy task to address the situation, and you might need to adopt several strategies to manage and improve your symptoms.
According to strive iv and wellness, some tips to deal with chronic fatigue are:
- Take proper rest after indulging in physical activities: You need to give proper rest to your body so that it recovers well and is ready to be used again. However, most people keep participating in various activities without giving proper rest to their bodies.
- Exercise: It is quite challenging for people with chronic fatigue to participate in physical activities. However, there are various programs that can be done without getting too exhausted. Your doctor and your physical therapist will work with you to track your progress and guide you throughout the activity.
- Take proper diet: Chronic fatigue can also be caused due to lack of certain types of nutrition in your food. And therefore, a diet that is rich in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats should be consumed properly. It is also advised that people with chronic fatigue should eat several small meals throughout the day instead of having one big meal. It is because the consumption of smaller meals helps control nausea, and it doesn’t cause the blood sugar level to spike a lot.
- Use memory aids: Certain tools, such as calendars, memory games, sticky notes, to-do lists, etc., can be quite helpful if you are suffering from memory loss due to chronic fatigue. Here, your friends and your family members can help you recollect and be there to guide you with the games.
- Do not stop working: Less than half of those with chronic fatigue syndrome indulge themselves in various works. However, certain laws have been framed to help you provide a flexible schedule, time to rest at work, and other benefits. Hence, it is important that you do not sit idly and indulge yourself in one or the other activity.
- Seek medical help: People with chronic fatigue syndrome may feel depressed. It is quite common for them to feel hopeless, sad, and worthless. Hence, if you feel these symptoms, seek professional help and tell your feelings to the doctor. With the help of proper medications and therapies, your physical and emotional well-being can be improved.