6 Tips for Making Your Botox Results Last Longer
Men and women all over the country are turning to Botox treatments to achieve a smoother, more youthful appearance.
If you’re already benefitting from Botox treatments or you’re still looking into it, you should know that the results of your treatments can last up to 6 months. If you want to know what you can do to prolong the results of your treatments, here are a few handy tips.
- Ways to make your Botox results last longer
- Try not to wrinkle your face too much. If you’re in the habit of frowning or making other expressions that might cause deep lines, try to stop yourself from doing it after your Botox treatment. Understandably, a lot of your facial movements are involuntary but stop yourself from wrinkle your face too often as much as you can. With that being said, your doctor may actually tell you to move your face around directly after your treatment to help the Botox move through the muscles.
- Choose your doctor carefully. Too many people tend to choose a cosmetic surgeon who can offer them the best price on Botox treatments and while there’s nothing wrong with saving some money, experience is far more important. Choosing an experienced doctor is not only important for achieving good results to begin with, but it will also determine how long the results last too. Visit https://www.jadecosmeticclinic.com.au/ to book a consultation with a reputable and experienced doctor.
- Put a plan in place. If you want to continue enjoying your new look, it helps to have a long-term plan in place for your injections. When you receive injections too soon after each other, your muscles can stop responding. One the end of the spectrum, if you spread them too far apart, you will start developing wrinkles again in between your treatments. Speak to your doctor about a treatment plan for the best possible results. You will also find that your treatment plan will change over time as your injection dosages and placements are adjusted.
- Go easy on the scrubbing. After your Botox treatment, your skin will need time to regulate and heal so be careful not to scrub your face too hard. It’s also best not to apply any heavy products or masks that can prevent the injections from doing their job.
- Stay out of the sun. UV rays are one of the leading causes of premature ageing and this won’t change after your Botox treatments so you have to be careful when you head outdoors. Try not to spend too much time in direct sunlight and if you will be heading outside, be sure to use a sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Never overdo it. Every patient will have a different Botox experience and it can take some time for your muscles to absorb the chemicals and start producing results. If you don’t see immediate results or the results you were hoping for, it’s important to wait at least 6 weeks before you schedule another appointment.